1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help me choose a book!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Kibuddy, Apr 8, 2006.

1. Man 's Search for Meaning

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. Resistance: The Warsaw Ghetto Uprising

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. The Bravest Battle

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Other (please specify)

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  5. carrots

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  1. Kibuddy

Kibuddy

Apr 30, 2005
    I have to choose a book about the Holocaust to read for English (preferably non-fiction, but a novel is perfectly okay), and I'd like some suggestions, if you guys don't mind.

I can't read Night or the Diary of Anne Frank, as I've read those already.

I was thinking of reading either Man's Search for Meaning, or a book on the 1943 Warsaw Ghetto uprising. Perhaps Resistance, or The Bravest Battle.

Do any of you guys have some suggestions?

2. arbitrary

arbitrary Supporting Member

Oct 24, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Blindness by Jose Saramago

3. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Any will do if you dig WW2 history.

4. If you want to get yourself all worked up, read Denying History: Who Says the Holocaust Never Happened and Why Do They Say It? by Michael Schermer and Alex Grobman. It's a good read, and for those of us who do in fact believe that the holocaust happened and was an absolute travesty of justice it will REALLY get you mad. My grandfather liberated Dachau, and told me some very nasty stories before he died. I don't think he lied to me.

Rock on
    Eric