1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

help me choose a pickup

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by deshi00, Apr 21, 2010.

1. Bassline

4 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. EMG

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. Other

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  1. deshi00

deshi00

Mar 26, 2010
    columbus ohio
    im going to be loading a mm style pickup into a 4 string fender p bass. im going to be staying passive (unless there is an easy solution i missed to put in a battery compartment.) the main pickups i am thinking about are one of the bassline pickups or an emg. I have looked into both of these and cant quite decide. any other suggestion are welcome as well. i mainly play alternative rock, along with a little blues, and have been learning some slap. thanks

2. darkstorm

darkstorm

Oct 13, 2009
    Since you said you play alt and blues I voted basslines. If you played heavier stuff would have said EMG or the basslines with their blackout 2band active eq preamp added.

3. sonicnuance

sonicnuance Commercial User

Aug 30, 2003
    California, USA
    Engineer & Owner, Sonic Nuance Electronics
    you may be better off buying something used based on the amount of work it will take to route that pickup

Best of luck whatever you do though

4. deshi00

deshi00

Mar 26, 2010
    columbus ohio
    this is the body it will be going in it.
    bass.
    so not really worried about routing. just have to cut a pickguard for it

5. Bartolini!