Help me choose a RIG!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by XPshychoticXPyr, Apr 9, 2003.

1. Ok im selling my SWR combo and some other small tidbits to get myself a new rig but i am undecided on what to do. I wanna get somethnig that will be loud pounch powerful and will last me for anything from practice to small-decent sized crowds.

I was thinking of these companies for my choices but am not sure its hard to narrow it down:

If i could get some feedback on their head/cab models that would be good to take a look into andw ether or not the comany is really reliable. Ive got a price range probabaly around 1500 and am looking to get above 400watts of power atleast if possible.

If ya know any other good comapnies that u think would work feel free to lay them down as well Thanx!
  2. kernpre

Sep 12, 2002
    I was just at Elderly Intruments This weekend, and they had the SWR 750 (the new one) plugged into a Warwick cab (410 with horn...didn't know they made cabs)...It was quite nice. The cab handled 600W RMS I believe and the 750 puts out...well...800 watts or so...Good match. Tons of headroom and the cab was really Hi-Fi. Sounded like an Eden 410XLT to me.

Anyhow...They are selling the head for about a grand and the cab has been there for at least 1 1/2 years. It started at like 1100 bucks and it is down to 500 and some change. They are trying to move it bad...

Quite a rig for about $1500.

Check 'em out. The guy I know there is Matt Theodoroff...Cool dude.
  3. erikwhitton

erikwhitton Guest

Sep 20, 2002
    Portland, ME USA
    hi..i emailed you let me know if it worked.

I used ot have the SWR redhead combo then i bought an ampeg rig and it was one of the best decisions i ever made. but it all depends on what kind of sound you want...i wanted the ampeg sound - not the swr sound. there are a ton of threads here that describe the nuances of different brands... i think you need to find out what kind of tone you want and then start looking at different brands.

4. g4string

g4string Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX sells the 750 new for about $800. I am selling my SWR Goliath Jr (2x10) and my Son of Bertha (1x15). PM me if you want a quote on the cabs. They are about 1.5 years old and well taken care of. I am sure that if you spent $800 on an amp, we could keep your out of pocket expense below $1500 including my cabs.