Help me Choose Devi Ever OK or GZ

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by BassMan99, Nov 2, 2011.

1. I have a chance to buy either a Devi Ever GZ or OK fuzz. Used.
    I am not able to try them first. I would like to choose the best one for me. I am hoping for a gated fuzz. Not sure if either of these do that- I checked her website- its funny but not very descriptive as far as the pedals go- and no you tubes of these pedals used with bass that I can find.
    I also want to choose the one that does not lose much bass response.
    Any advice you can offer would be appreciated.
    Thank you

2. Anyone? Need to decide today.thanks

3. I've owned both of these, and pretty much all of Devi's other pedals at some point.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure either of these is going to be exactly what you're looking for.

The GZ is not gated. It is an octavia-style fuzz, which has a fOXX Tone Machine / Octavia style to it. It actually holds the low-end decently, but like most octave-up fuzzes, gets a little scrambly on the lower notes.

The OK is heavily gated, but it does sound a bit thin on the low-end. It also has this really funky/weird stuttering decay that some people love, but it could annoy you if that's not what you're looking for.

Personally, I think the best Devi pedals for you, if you're looking for a low-end friendly gated fuzz are:

The Bass Fuzz / Supermassive Black Hole - If you can find one, this is absolutely what you want.

Bit / Legend of Fuzz - Gated, good low-end, can get an 8-bit video game thing to it when you turn the intensity knob down.

The 33/Silver Crank - Gated, not exactly bass-heavy, but certainly usable. One of Devi's oldest circuits, and it's integrated into a lot of her other circuits.

4. Thanks Chief. I was thinking that might be the case. Oh weel they are $75. thought it might work out

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 24, 2021