Help Me Choose My Yearbook Quote

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by LimpChunk9, Oct 17, 2002.

1. LimpChunk9

May 8, 2001
    Bronx, NY
    Well, I'm graduating high school and in the year book, I get to have a quote under my picture for people to remember me by. I want something either deep, clever, or funny but serious. The quote has to be under 100 characters. Any ideas? Thanks.
  2. iplaybass

iplaybass Guest

Feb 13, 2000
    Germantown, TN
    Here are my two senior quotes... might give you some ideas:

Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened.

Analyzing humor is like dissecting a frog. No one's interested and the frog dies of it.
  3. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    you oughtta put in the joke, "i want to die in my sleep, like my grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car."

that'd show them!
  4. It's better to regret something you did than something you didn't do. -Flea

That was my senior quote
  5. The two terms i have been using.. and they'd make great tour names:

"Nothing makes me sick"
    "Dont Touch Me There... Touch Me There"

Aussie tour: "Touch Me there... Down Under" :p

6. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    How about;

LimpChunk9-A hard man is good to find
    LimpChunk9- Forever loving your peaches, perpetually wanting to shake your tree
  7. sweetpea

sweetpea Guest

Jun 6, 2002
    S'port, LoUiSiAna
    As a former High School Yearbook Editor... I'd have to advise you not to write something "sexually oriented" as it probably wouldn't get published... What's your favorite song? Movie? Book? Bible Verse? What do people associate you with?

I would probably put a quote from a song... That's just me... good luck.
  8. At my high school, about half of each graduating class used song lyrics as their senior quotes--I was no exception.

One guy, however, had the best quote of all:

That which is too stupid to be spoken is usually sung.
  9. D. Funkalicious

D. Funkalicious

Sep 22, 2002
    "Before you dip your spoon in the pudding, make sure you put on a Cosby party hat."
  10. Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
    Well when I had to do that, the whole WHo let The Dogs? song was huge, and not to mention my HS mascot was a that song was getting so I said
    I let the Dogs out! -Ben Franklin

It was pretty good then ..but now I would probably use that thing that Bob Barker uses at the end of each show...somethin about "remember to have your pets spade and nudered." Well just a thought
  11. superfreak

superfreak Unregistered

Aug 18, 2002
    Clarksville, TN
    I can't even remember what my senior quote was...Man I am old.
  12. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA

"Insert meaningful quote here..."

"I hear [insert your name] is a real A-hole" < That's what I wanted to do, but they wouldn't let me. :mad: ;)
  13. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    "The head society.....please give gererously" - the shirt my singer wore to practice tonight :)
  14. "You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because you're all the same."

"Open Your Mind. Not Your Mouth."
  15. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    This will probably be the quote of a dozen other trendy-I mean, non-comformists who regularly display their dissonance and originality by shopping at Hot Topic.
  16. Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Genius! :D
  17. Got Bass?

HAHAHAHAA - nice one Justin!!

[edit] here's another...
    "'Tis better to sit there, and look like an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove it"

..I'm sure most of your teachers can relate to it :D
  18. "a witty saying proves nothing"- voltaire.