Help me choose pickguard

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FretNoMore, Jul 28, 2002.

1. No pickguard

7 vote(s)
  2. White

0 vote(s)
  3. Black

3 vote(s)
  4. Tortoise

10 vote(s)
  5. Carrots, of course!

3 vote(s)
  1. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    My quest for a new fretless seems to lead to the German Hotwire Vintage 5 bass. Some things are decided: 5-string, 35" scale, fretless ebony fingerboard with dark fret lines, natural swamp ash body. But what do you think about pickguard? To have or not to have? Colour? Help me choose, please! :)

2. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I like none and tortise, but I'm going to go with the tortise, although the carrots are eyecatching!
  3. jljohnson85

Nov 27, 2000
    Woodstock, GA
    I have always loved black pickguards on natural finish jazz bodies.
  4. the one with no pickguard....

the rest.....

the carrots

bugs bunny is my hero, don't do dumb things with his food...

5. i'd take the no pickguard, but the carrots looks delish!
  6. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Second that!
  7. No pick guard, or the black one. The carrots, although cool, takes away from the beauty of the natural finish. :rolleyes:

I'd only go with the "No pickguard" option if you can lose the chrome plate too. If you've gotta have the plate, then black all the way.
  8. StrudelBass

Jul 6, 2002
    Yeah the chrome plate kills the pickguardless natural finish. White is good but it just is so common. Black is better, but again, common. Tortoise, it just doesn't catch my eye as it does others, especially on natural. Now CARROTS! That is just plain awesome. But if you want the ultimate bass... Pay to get it done with no pickguard, but a paintjob with black and white carrots and a tortoise background. Super SEXAY.
  9. how about a clear pickguard.. i think nino had one on one of his basses and it looked good
  10. i think you should purchase and loan me all of them, so i can see them in daylight, vs dark room, vs stage lights, etc.

it might take me awhile to decide which one looks best.

it might take years....

but i promise i'll let you know when i've decided!!!!!