Help me choose please.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by James Hill, Feb 28, 2006.

1. I've decided I want either a Modulus Flea 4, or a EBMM Sterling 4 with maple fretboard. I already have a Stingray HH with rosewood fretboard. So which would you go with the Flea or Sterling? All opinions welcome and thanks in advance. I want to get one of them on the way tomorrow so your input would be greatly appreciated.
  2. I would go with the Flea bass. based on the facts that 1. you already own a Stingray and 2. I own a Modulus bass, and they are simply amazing.

And I guess the Flea would perhaps would give you a more unique sound, than a variation of the the Stingray like the Sterling IMO is. I love all three of the mentioned basses, but my choice would be the Flea.

But I opt you to try them out before you buy!
  3. BassmanDk

Nov 23, 2005
    Odense, Denmark
    Employee - 4Sound, Odense
    based upon that you already have a MM, i would go for the Flea. With it's graphite neck and different p.u. and electronics, you'll have two differnt sounding basses. Not as much though as if you bought a bass like a Jazz or something like that. Wondering: which p.u. system does the Flea ship with? If you can, go for the Lane Poor! And do try before buying!!!!
  4. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    My first choice would have been the MM, I much prefer them to the slighty "synthetic" feel and sound of Modulus basses, but if you already own one, you could go for the Flea bass if you try it and it feels right for you! After all, it's all about pleasing yourself!