help me chooz sum stickurs fur me case

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by i got no name, Jun 15, 2001.

1. ok, i need ur help on some stickers for my boring plain black hiscox bass hard case. go to, and have a look at these stickers i am looking into getting for me case......

they r.......

L5 slash
    L8 jimi

can u tell me what u think i should get, and with colours as well coz i no nothing about what i shold get!!!! i can play it, but i dunno how to make the case look cool!!!!

cheers for ur help guys, much appreciated!!!!!
  2. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Aw name, get some that that will really make that bass sound good like

or this -

3. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    where are my Bettie Page Stickers!
  4. How bout some pics of Bea Arthur? ;)
  5. jljohnson85

Nov 27, 2000
    Woodstock, GA
    check out hes got some cool stickers, hes also got a great message hes trying to spread
  6. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Cool stuff!
  7. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i love how that dude over at has communist stickers next to "f*ck work" stickers.

i wonder if he got that sentiment from the manifesto somewhere. :rolleyes: that must've been the part that said "from each according to his ability, to each according to his ability to pi$$ and moan".

oh, wait, i get it, he's PUNK. these days, that seems to mean "i think everything that everyone else does is lame, so i'm going to spend all my time complaining about it without offering any viable alternatives and following up on them."

sorry, i don't mean to sound stringent to the original poster, it's just that i can't stand this same old pi$$in' routine about how "the world sucks, and it needs to change" and "the big companies are screwing all the little guys" and all that BS.

NEWSFLASH: big companies are made of a whole lot of little people. every decision is ultimately made by a single "little person", and verified, validated and sanctified by a bunch of other little people.

NEWSFLASH: the system can be changed a lot easier from within than it can from the outside.

NEWSFLASH: rebellion is worthless without a viable alternative.

i always thought that punk wasn't about pi$$in' and moanin' about the system, but rather living the way one wants to INSPITE of the system.

then again, i'm more into prog rock :D. nevermind me, it's late and i was out in the sun too long today. :D
  8. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Hey, Thanks JT!

(notice the new signature...)
  9. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    So, let's see - we've progressed from, "Can I decorate it?", to "How to decorate it?", all in the span of just six short months! It's amazing how much work can get done when you really put your mind to it....

Hey, how 'bout a sticker portraying a Jazz Glockenspiel player jamming in a smoke filled club?
  10. I hear Martha Stewart is going to devote an entire show to "Decorating Your Bass-Case". Stay tuned!
  11. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Progressed? What - like in terms of communication skills, use of English etc. ;)
  12. yawnsie

Apr 11, 2000
    Good points JT, and a lot of the things that annoy me about the whole punk philosphy. I've been to that Unamerican site, and I think there's actually quite a sinister subtext to it, and a lot of the same sort of stuff from people who want to "f**k the system!" - basically, the majority of people on the planet are stupid, and we NEED this guy and his ilk to "set us free". If he's right about corporate America enslaving us, what other revelations has he had that we're blind to?

Punk has always been essentially nihilistic - the whole punk look is based on being as ugly as possible, to distance oneself from the conventional norms of society, rejecting it's values. Of course, it's not too hard for a bored kid to alter those values ever so slightly to turn them into a general whine about life - as Bertrand Russell says, "The aristocratic rebel, since he has enough to eat, must have other causes of discontent." - swop "aristocratic" for "middle-class teenage", and you've explained the reason for crap like this.

Oh, and sorry for going on a bit, but this sort of thing really sets me off.
  13. bobaweeka

Jan 2, 2001
    Who would want a sticker of Munky or Head? I didn't see a Fieldy sticker, though. What a shame. :D
  14. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Sorry - that's a bit too "modern" for me - how about some of those "trad" guys who play alto sax like maniacs - they must be awesome! ;)
  15. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    wow, cool :D thanks, i'm blushin'