Help me complete my rig...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Charred, Dec 29, 2004.

1. Charred

Sep 18, 2004
    lancaster, pa.
    I own...
    SVT3pro currently driving SVT410HLF.
    I am looking to run a stereo set-up (split at my Boss stereo chorus outs).
    My plan...
    Use the SVT3pro to power an Eden 210 wedge@350RMS(personal monitor).
    As I fear the 3pro rated at 450 has NO headroom driving the 410HLF(@500rms rating). I'm looking to get a QSC3002(900W@4ohm/side) to drive my 410HLF and a second cab(the object of my query!)
    I've reseached extensively reviews by Eden owners and feel comfortable buying one sight unseen(unheard:)) My question is which cab,(Im thinking 210 here stacked on the 410HLF) would be best suited for the remaing 900Wchannel? The 410HLF is 4 Ohm 500wRMS.
    My tonal quest...
    I love the classic Rickenbacker growling bite, but would like to support the bands bottom end too (that IS our primary task after all! ;). I'm thinking 2112 with a bit more modern 'bite' and low end support. The 410HLF sounds great and a bit 'gritty' in a good way and supports the low end very well. I am looking for a modern HiFi mid-top end with the remaining cab choice. Remember I will have an additional Eden 210 wedge on the floor with 450w support (the SVT3Pro).
    I play complex original prog-metal/funk and sing harmonies as well. Thats my reason for the floor monitor as most of my vocals are integral with the bass melody. I need to hear clearly what Im playing in proximity to my mike. The second cab I'm inquring about is to add punch and clarity off the stage front.
    Sorry so long-winded, but I have great respect for the knowledge and experience I see frequent this forum. Thank you in advance for the help.

Ric 4003