1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Help me Decide 1.5k budjet

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by seungkoo, Apr 28, 2006.

1. seungkoo

seungkoo Banned

Nov 20, 2003
    MD
    Im open to all suggestions but I need a bass thatll nail that 70's vibe and also be very versatile. I play mainly in a church setting. Playin all sorts of music though from contempory, traditional, to some funkadelic jazz. Right now I narrowed it down to....

MIA Fender Jazz deluxe 5...I sold mine 2 years ago and I dearly miss it.

MIA Fender 75 Reissue...Played 2 of these a local shop and I was blown away with the vintage vibe.

Skyline DJONES 5 string. Played a beautiful lake Placid Blue one...

any input please. I want to stay around $1000-$1500 cheaper the better if used thats fine or even better then maybe I can get it sub $1000

Any other suggestions on other basses with similar tones will be greatly appreciated. Thank You
    Jon Kim

2. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    All I have to say is that if you play in Church, you gotta have a 5 string. I found that playing without that low B doesn't work too well in a church setting.

3. seungkoo

seungkoo Banned

Nov 20, 2003
    MD
    All my 5string basses I always tuned them with high C. Works pretty great at church. Never liked the floppy Bstrings on my 34" basses but the DJO skyline is another story it might change my prespective of usin a low B at church