Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Help me decide between.......Yorkville/ Roland

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by TampaBlues, Jan 6, 2005.

1. TampaBlues

TampaBlues

Oct 28, 2002
    Tampa, Florida
    I ordered a Yorkville XM200T and the 15" extension that goes under it. The owner of the store told me it was only going to take 4 days to get here. That was over three weeks ago. Ordinarily that would not be a problem but I sold my Bassman 100 two weeks ago on ebay and I have been without an amp since. I went to Sam Ash the other day to see if I could pick up a cheap practice amp to get me by, problem is I found a used mint condition Roland DB700 while I was there at a price I could not refuse. I did not plan on getting that but I ended up taking it home. Now I can't decide if I should keep the yorkville stuff when it gets here or just keep the Roland or keep both and have one for a backup, although realisticly I really can't justify the expense of both. So given the features of each amp which way would you guys go. The Roland is a 250 watt 15" combo, very transportable, sounds awesome and is way loud. The Yorkville is a 200 watt combo when you used with the extension, the combo is 2x10 plus the 15" cab under it, also loud as heck and transportable. I really can't say for the sound yet as I have yet to get it. I only paid $319.00 for the Roland the Yorkville cost me $608.00 after tax for both the combo and cab. I fairly sure I could make back what I paid for the Yorkville either on ebay or private party as I got a great deal on it too. The combo and cab go for $774.00 new at Gear one. So help a guy out and give me your ideas on whatyou would do. :confused:

2. TampaBlues

TampaBlues

Oct 28, 2002
    Tampa, Florida
    It does have the feed forward processing. It does sound amazing, especially when I use my Sansamp Bass di on the front end. I really am leaning towards the Roland. You may see the New Yorkvillle stuff on the for sale forum here. I may not even take it out of the box so i can sell it them as new.

3. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    I have no experience with the Roland bass gear, just their keyboard stuff (which is exeptional!) The Yorkville stuff is great, but it sounds like you're happy with what you have at almost half the cost. Can't really argue with that...