help me decide on a 4x10 cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by hetsscaryguy, Jul 14, 2004.

1. hetsscaryguy

May 22, 2004
    right im now almost definite that im going to buy a gk 700rb-II head but which cab do you think will best suit it/me? i plaay mostly rock and metal and like everything to be LOUD. so my options are

1. Warwick W-410 Pro
    4x10" Eminence Standard Speakers
    300 watts RMS
    Frequency Response: (-3dB) 50 - 6k
    Low Frequency: (-10dB) 44 Hz
    Sensitivity: (1W/1M) 101 dB
    Impedance: 8 ohms
    MAX SPL: 126 dB
    Vented cabinet
    Weight: 75 lbs. / 31 kg
    Dimensions: 26.5 x 23.8 x 19 in

2. Ashdown Mag 4x10
    Configuration: 4 x 10" + tweeter
    Power Handling: 350W continuous
    Impedance:8 Ohms
    Frequency Response: 60Hz - 20kHz
    SPL: 101dB 1W @ 1m
    Weight: 27.5kg (60.6lbs)
    Dimensions:25.8 X 23.8" X 16.5"

I think the arwick seems to have a low frequency response (thats good for deep sounding bass right?) and its ported and also bigger which i also like. for adding on cabs the warwick seems better as well they have a good 1x15 which i will be getting in the future and it is also ported and big. I like things to be big as i like to impress people :D . so whats your thoughts anything im leaving out. dont say avatars, aguilars or dr. bass. i live in ireland and it costs too much to ship them here. so the area im looking in is about the $300 mark or €400 mark including delivery to ireland.
  2. xb100

Mar 24, 2004
    NH, In
    Well both cabs are just about the same size except the ashdown weighs 10 or so pounds less. I'd say if you have a chance to go play through those cabs do so. Another thing you might want to think about is if you want this rig for the rest of your life. Because eventually 70 pounds isnt going to be the same when you get older and i think some of the older guys know what im talking about. But then again you can get casters. But try em out let your ears decide. :bassist:
  3. hetsscaryguy

May 22, 2004
    id love to test them out but in ireland it aint that easy we have no gk dealers, 1 ashdown dealer and no warwick dealer. to my knowledge
  4. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    if you can try the ashdown out and it sounds good i'd go with that
    i'd be very wary of buying a cabinet i couldn't try :scowl:
    you might even want to try out a couple of ashdown 210s in comparison to their 410 - a lot of times this sounds better and is lighter :D
    (by the way, the ashdown frequency respose figures are useless as it doesnt say how many dB + or - the cabinet varies from 60 hz to 20khz)
  5. T. Alan Smith

T. Alan Smith

Sep 9, 2001
    Eden cabs sound like they're made for GK heads they sound so sweet together. I'd try a 2x10 & 1x15 setup to go with your head.
  6. If you want loud, then you might want a 4-ohm cab to draw the maximum amount of power from the head.