Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

help me decide on an acoustic guitar

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by harley_ou812, Jun 6, 2004.

1. hey everyone I am Looking to buy an acoustic guitar ( yeah i know shame on me) I am looking in the $200 or less price range. I have looked at some washburns, used alvarez, Ibanez, Mitchell (guitar center Brand), Hohner and Fender. I was curious as to if anyone would recomend any of these over the others or if there is someone that I havent looked at that I should. I am looking for something I can have around that isnt going to kill me if my dog knocks it over or anything but yet will sound good enough I could mike it up to do some recording with it, Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Alvarez.

I will only suggest Alvarez, Seagull, or Guild for acoustics.

But those are just my favorites.

3. I have an Epiphone PR-200 that was purchased about 8 years ago. It was about $150, and the tone is actually quite good. I've heard that Ibanez guitars are actually very good for the price, so you might want to check them out. I personally haven't though, since all the ibanez acoustics at guitar center are always improperly setup.

4. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

For the $200 and under price range i would say Ibanez or Epiphone.

5. I have since found a guitar that perked my interst. It is an Alverez solid top all mahogany I am not sure of the model yet it is selling for $185.