1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help me decide some stuff on my bass rig!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by citynorth, Nov 19, 2010.

1. citynorth

citynorth

Nov 19, 2010
    Chicago
    For bass cabs i'm currently looking at a mesa power house 4X10. It is 600 watts at 8 ohms im pretty sure. I also have the option to buy a second one.

Will the one 600 watt cab be enough if I pair it with an orange bass terror? I don't want to be struggling for power, so I was considering buying the second 600 watt so I could have one at my practice space and one at my house and then combine them for shows and stuff. Will the other 600 watt be unnecessary or will it be worth it?

I can also get a powerhouse jr that is a 4X8 1X12, and is 450 watts, which is considerably cheaper. Would that be worth it as an extension to the 600 watt? And i wouldn't be able to use the tiny terror out of the 450 watt because the tiny terror is a 500 watt right?

What should I do?

2. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    If you can afford it, 2x of the PH410 cabs would be brutal.

And the power rating of that amp and those cabs isn't a huge deal. It should sound awesome together. Those mixed-driver cabinets (not just Mesa, anyone) are hit and miss, so I'd stay clear.

3. SanDiegoHarry

SanDiegoHarry Banned Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    I'm not wild about mesa cabs. Their amps? Sure. Speakers? Meh.

4. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    I like the Powerhouse cabs, but they're not my favorites. +1 to Harry, sort of, the amps are killer. Also, 2x 410 is brutal. One should do fine, the two together will slay.

5. joshmat

joshmat

Nov 20, 2005
    Houston, TX
    You betcha. I'm running 2 of those with an MPULSE 600 and it's HUGE. Heavy too! :)

6. KsPiNeSh

KsPiNeSh

Mar 28, 2008
    Kansas City
    My sentiments exactly. I would go (and have gone) with Genz Uber 410 cabs. A lot lighter, better sound (IMO), and the 8-ohm cabs can be had super cheap new.