Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Help me decide

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mad_world, Nov 19, 2002.

1. mad_world

mad_world

Nov 3, 2002
    Well, im about to get a bass in about a month and i can't decide between the two. The first is a carvin LB70WP model with the added Humbucker and the p series.

The second is a used warwick streamer Stage I, It was built back in the 80's and has emg pickups in it and as far as i can tell has little damage to it.

2. If the prices are the same, I would go for the Warwick, especially if it was made in the 80s.

3. mad_world

mad_world

Nov 3, 2002
    Here is the warwick

4. mad_world

mad_world

Nov 3, 2002
  5. mad_world

mad_world

Nov 3, 2002
    Oh by the way if anyone has a cheap neck through thumb bass or possibly a bubinga bolt on thumb bass pm me.

6. mad_world

mad_world

Nov 3, 2002
    come on people post a reply.

7. What kind of music do you play. What kind of tone are ou going after. My first thought is that these are two very different basses, and it will probably sound that way. Can you play both of them?

I have never owned or played a Carvin, so I know nothing of them. I have at least played a Warwick, but it was a new (2000 or 2001) Thumb BO 4 string. Probably quite different than the Streamer.

I would say play them both, that is the only way to be happy. Carvin might be a little difficult in this respect though. They do have a good return policy, IIRC.

Geoff

8. mad_world

mad_world

Nov 3, 2002
    I play all differnt kinds, funk,jazz, rock and slap and i have tried both of these out. I haven't tried that exact models of those basses though but, the carvin i like alot for the funk sound it has but, the warwick has a nice rich deep tone and can be turned into a bright tone as well for funk.

9. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    Hi!

I've had both. Not a big fan of either bass. I don't like the string spacing. I think an early Warwick would be a better choice. Better resale(you will sell it someday), good reputation, good sound quality. I had a Carvin. It would not stay in tune:)

Rob