Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Help me find a 4 X 10 w/ tweeter under 800

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Timbo, Oct 9, 2004.

1. Timbo

Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    Hi guys,
    I posted a while back and I decided to get an ashdown mag c410t. I ordered it on the 13th of september, and they said that it would be in stock on the 28th.. Then the 13th of october.. Now the 24th.. So I am saying the hell with it. Can someone else recommend me a good 4 X 10 Combo with a tweeter I would like atleast 300 watts. I need it to support a low B really well.. Under 800 dollars is preferable.. I would prefer something similar to the ashdown..

2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

3. Timbo

Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    I meant to say Combo.. :crying:

4. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    for that kind of money i bet you could get a used swr sm-400 and goliath 4x10

5. lsimy

lsimy Supporting Member

Apr 18, 2003
    Virginia, USA
    Timbo, American Musical has this Hartke. I'm not a huge hartke fan but I've heard them sound real nice and people seem to like this combo. It's 350W too!!

http://www.americanmusical.com/item--i-HAR-VX3500.html

Perhaps search TB archives and see if there are any opinions on it. Good luck!!

6. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

7. lsimy

lsimy Supporting Member

Apr 18, 2003
    Virginia, USA
  8. Timbo

Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    The nemesis is just a cabinet, no?

9. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    no, it's a combo. But you can get them separately as ust cabinets, I believe. The controls are on the back of the combo.

10. Timbo

Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    The Ashdown still looks like the best option.. >< I am going to call them tomarrow and try to get this resolved if not... I am going to cry.. :bawl: Gah, worst service ever..

Maybe I should consider some Yorkville 2 X 10's?

11. Timbo

Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
  12. and if you want you can always add another 2x10! that would basically make it a 4x10! that would be a great setup

but pre/power is better than any combo!

13. lsimy

lsimy Supporting Member

Apr 18, 2003
    Virginia, USA
    I've played that exact combo and it was AWESOME. I was shocked at how much low end it had. To me, it almost sounded like a 410. Another great amp. Yorkville really has their stuff together these days.

14. Timbo

Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    Sweet.. I guess I'll call up music123 today and see whats up if not I'll just buy the yorkville.. And if it doesn't have enough low end, which Iam sure it will from all the reviews I have read I'll wait a few months to scrounge up enough money for a 1X15 cabinet

15. yea dude that iwll b a great setup!

just use the combo for small gigs and practices.

and then when you get a big gig just bring the 1x15 or 2x10 along!

16. Timbo

Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    I just need it to play a Low B Really, really well.. And I wonder why that site is the only place that carries that particuliar amp..

17. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    do you mean just a cab, or a true combo w/ an amp built in? if you already have a high powered amp:

Acme B-4 4x10 - $695

a Low B response that's for many, myself included, the standard bearer. do a search, and you'll see many raves.

18. Timbo

Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    I just ordered myself the Yorkville.. I got the last one :smug: I'll give my thoughts on it in prolly a week.. Can't wait.. :hyper:

19. Dr. PhunkyPants

Dr. PhunkyPants Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    USA
    sweet.