Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Help me find a Warwick Infinity (semi hollow) ltd 2000

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Jul 30, 2003.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Before i make the dive and get the sadowsky i want to see if the warwick infinity ltd 2000 is for me. If anyone knows anywhere that is selling this bass new or used would you please respond.

2. ok...have you played one?

3. MAJOR METAL

no i havent but i am a semi hollow player

4. Thumper

Thumper Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2000
    Layton, UT
    I had and sold one (a fretted 5er). It was a superb bass, the best Warwick I've ever played with massive bottom and great highs, very versatile. Only 2 nits, the worst was the neck dive which made it a no-no for long gigs/practice sessions. Less of a problem was it was heavier than you would expect a semi-hollow to be at about 9.5 lbs. For a stronger or younger player than me I would highly recommend.

Xush has or had one as well.

5. MAJOR METAL

any ideas as to where to find one, what did you sell yours for and what do you think a good price is.

6. Thumper

Thumper Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2000
    Layton, UT
    I traded mine for a Sukop. I paid $1,600 for it (mint condition). I know Gard's place has had one in from time to time. Remember, they are limited so you'll have to be patient, it took me around 6-8 months to find mine at the price I wanted to pay. I've also seen them from time to time in *bay. New I've seen them between $2-2.5k.

7. MAJOR METAL

any sugestions as to where to find them used

8. Try This site for the Warwick
    Click here: Matt's Music Center - 800-723-5892 - Guaranteed lowest prices
    Coney Island Joe

9. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    Kevin, the Infinity is a really 'particular' bass. I'd hate to see you take a chance on one without checking it out first...

PM me and we'll see what we can work out.