1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

help me find an amp?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by PolyesterNeck, May 11, 2011.

1. this summer im looking to invest in a quality bass amp. right now i have a ampeg BA115T, a hartke 3500 and a 80's traynor 2x15 cab. i'm looking for a amp that has great cutting mids and highs and a nice gain section. i play a fender jazz bass with quarter pounders. any suggestions?

2. rhino333

rhino333 Supporting Member

Jan 31, 2005
    Western NY State
    I have a BA300 1x15 and a Hartke 2500 (running through a Traynor cab with an EV speaker).

Not EXACTLY what your looking at, but close. For me, my go to is ALWAYS an Ampeg (I have 4 of them), but the Hartke is a nice amp as well, I find prefer the EQ on the Ampeg as it's more "flexible" and the Ampeg has a warmer sound and more "grit" when you drive it.

The Hartke is clean (very clean) and loud. Although it has a graphic EQ, I still like the Ampeg EQ better.

Either is a good choice IMO, but I think the Ampeg is more flexible just because of the EQ.

3. PSPookie

PSPookie

Aug 13, 2006
    Lubbock, TX
    It could be the cab that's not delivering the mids and highs you seek.

Heads I have liked that may do the trick for you:
    Ampeg SVT-CL
    Ampeg V4BH
    GK 700RB-II
    Markbass LMII/LMIII
    GB Shuttle 6.0
    GB Streamliner 900

Good luck in your quest.