Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Help me find my bridge!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by silent method, Jul 18, 2005.

1. :help:

I seem to remember seeing a bridge with either a tone control or volume control or some kind of knob built into it and no matter how hard I look I cant seem to find one.

Please if you have any idea what bridge I am looking for post
    names
    pic's
    or sources for the bridge VERY much apperciated!

thanks guys!

ps. also is it possible to wire the knob on this bridge for tone to a single split p pickup!

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I can only imagine that it was a custom bridge.

But why do you want one?

3. I want to have a custom bass built with a very simple and clean look i can controll the volume with my pedal but not tone so i wanted a tone knob built onto the bridge

4. Perhaps, maybe a piezo bridge system???

~Ryan

5. You could always ask about it. If it's wired for volume I'm sure you could turn it into a tone knob. As for the price, it is a Rob Allan but who knows?

6. PasdaBeer

PasdaBeer

Nov 2, 2002
    Santa Rosa California
    SandStorm Designs
    you could always build a simple external tone box....

or add the tone pot to the rear /side in a reseced location, something im working on doing to a bass im currently building to show off the nice top.

7. hmm interesting ideas man, im not to gifted with electronics however do you know if anyone makes an external tone box on the cheap?

8. PasdaBeer

PasdaBeer

Nov 2, 2002
    Santa Rosa California
    SandStorm Designs
    if you just want a single tone control, like on a stanrad passive bass, it would take like 10 bucks worth of parts, and a few minutes to put it togather.

i could do one easy, just it wouldnt be a pedal if thats what your looking for.

toss me an email @ zacandhisbass@hotmaill.com

or AIM @ URBANxSTRIKE would be the easyest, and i could give you a how-to kinda deal, or work something out