Help me find my dream bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by manco3, Apr 25, 2003.

1. I know there's been a hundred threads like this (dream bass search)...but I'm going to try to be much more specific. I'm looking for a 4 string bass with a p/j setup, jazz style body with a precision width neck. Preferrably an alder body and maple neck with a rosewood fretboard. 21 frets would be nice...but not a requirement...I'd be fine with 20. I know I could get a sadowsky like this...but a bit about of my price range. I'm looking for a max price of $1500. Active or passive, doesn't really matter.

Am I just dreaming here, or am I going to have to go the warmoth/usacg route on this one?

Thanks for all the help
  2. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Have you looked into Lull basses? You might be able to find a bass to your specs in the price range from him. Personally, I'd go the Warmoth route cause I've built a few basses using their parts & they've all been EXCELLENT basses.
  3. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Dreaming ?
    Man, if you only knew what I like for my basses, you'd think yours is very easy to find :D.
    I'm pretty sure a few Fender models fit the bill, and any custom shop would make you a nice kit for pretty cheap.