Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Help me find my dream bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by manco3, Apr 25, 2003.

1. I know there's been a hundred threads like this (dream bass search)...but I'm going to try to be much more specific. I'm looking for a 4 string bass with a p/j setup, jazz style body with a precision width neck. Preferrably an alder body and maple neck with a rosewood fretboard. 21 frets would be nice...but not a requirement...I'd be fine with 20. I know I could get a sadowsky like this...but a bit about of my price range. I'm looking for a max price of $1500. Active or passive, doesn't really matter.

Am I just dreaming here, or am I going to have to go the warmoth/usacg route on this one?

Thanks for all the help

2. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Have you looked into Lull basses? You might be able to find a bass to your specs in the price range from him. Personally, I'd go the Warmoth route cause I've built a few basses using their parts & they've all been EXCELLENT basses.

3. You might try Warmoth.

4. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Dreaming ?
    Man, if you only knew what I like for my basses, you'd think yours is very easy to find :D.
    I'm pretty sure a few Fender models fit the bill, and any custom shop would make you a nice kit for pretty cheap.