Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Help me find my Maker!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Zero Cool, Mar 20, 2005.

1. Zero Cool

Zero Cool

Mar 20, 2005
    I purchased this bass on ebay sometime ago and i absolutly love it! I have never felt a bass like this. now im curious as to who made it. it is either a custom made bass, or a home made bass as i can find no identification or marks or serial numbers on it anywhere.

If you know who made this bass, please email me @ tetech2@doitnow.com.

Thanks

Zc

Attached Files:

2. jphase88

jphase88

Jul 17, 2004
    New Jersey
    Wow that is a nice bass. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

3. smperry

smperry Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    Don't know yet, but a headstock picture or two might help.

Marshall

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Looks surprisingly like a neck-through Soundgear clone.

Headstock pictures will be more helpful, but I have my money on one-off no-namer.

5. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
  6. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Nah Geddy,

Those Kramers look like beans almost as much as the old Ibanez Musician basses. This one's upper horn is much longer and thinner, and the forearm cut is much more pronounced like an Ibanez.

After owning about five Soundgears, I'd say it looks pretty close to me.

7. no idea who made it but i am in love....... beautifull bass man good score

8. Snarf

Snarf

Jan 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    Yummy. Crazy wide spacing.

9. useless

useless Guest

Mar 11, 2004
    Fresno!
  10. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    dillion or devon?

11. If your sure it's a custom, maybe a Karl Hoyt? It looks like his style.

12. Either way what a beautiful find!! Congrats..! :hyper: So, If you don't mind my asking how much did you pay for that beauty? Abd what is it's name if you have one :p :bassist:
    Nice bass, nice bass..... :D

13. Zero Cool

Zero Cool

Mar 20, 2005
    Thank you everyone.

I thought it was a Dillion as well, but an email to them say's no. I also thought it might be an Adler, but again they say no.

I have pulled out the pickups and the controls cover but there are no markings of any kind on it.

The head stock is very distinctive. I am almost thinking this was some sort of kit. My Luthier that set it up for me (Shameless plug for Hoffman Guitars in MN) said the pickups look like Korean jazz bass copies. (I plan on putting in some bartolini's most likley).

The neck is about as wide as a P-Bass, but thin like a charvel neck. The bridge is a Generic all-parts type aluminum bridge and the tuners look like schallers i think.

All over there are slight imperfections in the contours that make me think this is handmade. nothing gross, just slight variations from what you would normally see in a factory made bass.

I have handled thousands of instruments over the years and nothing has felt as good to my hands. I just love this thing!

The price i paid? well i hate to give that away. but lets just say i didnt break a sweat over it. or that the price i sold my Mexi Jazz bass for nearly covered its purchase!!!

Its name....havent had it long enough for her to tell me her name. I just call it the Anaconda Bass as the long neck and the headstock sort of remind me of one.

Zc

14. Zero Cool

Zero Cool

Mar 20, 2005
    crap forgot to hit upload on the pix....

Attached Files:

15. Zero Cool

Zero Cool

Mar 20, 2005
    Back Photo

Attached Files:

16. mike sancho

mike sancho SANCH

Feb 10, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    Only help I can offer is that it's not a Devon. It is a good looking bass!!!

17. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Even the headstock looks a bit like an Ibanez SR, but it most definately isn't it.
    Most probably a custom one.

18. bassthumpa

bassthumpa

Aug 31, 2004
    Austin, TX
    That's probably the best looking "miscellaneous" bass ever posted. Nice score!