Help me find my old bass? (UK)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bassworm, Aug 25, 2020.

1. Hello All, I'm trying to track down an old bass guitar I used to own. In 1994, due to unemployment, I sold my treasured '73 Fender Jazz Bass through a music shop in Godalming (UK) . Now I'm trying to track it down. At the time I sold it, it had a rich Ferrari red body, rosewood fingerboard with block inlays, can't remember if it still had a scratchplate or not, and it had unusual Seymour Duncan pickups with dip switches. I know it's a long shot but did anyone here buy it? I think I got £340 for it from a music shop at the top end of the High Street in Godalming. I can't remember the name of the shop unfortunately. I'd love to be reunited with it, it was my pride and joy when I bought it. Cheers and thanks in advance everyone.
    Mike.

2. Craig T Vector

Craig T Vector Gold Supporting Member

Sep 8, 2013
    Liberty Hill, TX
    I can't help you, but I hope you find it. If you have a picture it would be helpful.

3. Sadly I don't have a pic of it as it looked then, nor do I have the serial number. I'm aware this is a bit of a long shot but I'm hoping that the details I've given might jog someone's memory. Thanks for the reply.

4. crapusername

crapusername

Sep 26, 2005
    North Kent.UK
    endorsing artist: Dean guitars, Marshall , Rotosound strings
    Have you tried asking on basschat?
    It’s a UK based forum

Craig T Vector likes this.
  5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 19, 2021