1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help me find the date on my MIM jazz 5 Standard.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by puremusic, Dec 11, 2011.

1. puremusic

puremusic

Nov 1, 2009
    Saginaw, MI
    Hi, everyone I am trying to get an approximate age of my Fender Jazz MIM 5. I do not have access to the serial number because the neck was change to a Warmoth before I got it. I know it is a 2001 or later because it has different size pickups which I just change to vintage noiseless to go with my Audere that I put in it. If I could get two pieces of info it could help me narrow it down. When did Fender stop using numbers on the knobs of MIM Basses and when did fender offer Olympic or Vintage white on the MIM 5 Standard? Any info you could give me would be a great help to helping me date this bass thanks.:help::help::help:

2. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Minnesota
    pull the neck and check the pocket for a date stamp?? ... the number knobs were a 90's thing I believe .. beware though, easy change if trying to date by if you have or dont have

3. puremusic

puremusic

Nov 1, 2009
    Saginaw, MI
    thanks that is what I will do