1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

HELP ME FIND THE RIGHT PUP!

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by bassninja7, Sep 24, 2008.

1. bassninja7

bassninja7

Mar 1, 2008
    Napoleon, OH
    http://www.myspace.com/publicface
    so i just stripped down my ooollllldddd drive wildfire X2 bass.
    im having a friend to a paintjob (ill post pic when its done)

so im looking into hardware/electronics and such

so the pickup setup is P/J
    it came with one vol. tone. bass boost. and a pu blender (sucked.....)

i really want to get active emg's but is there a way i can wire both PUs to one vol and have bass mid and treb as the other knobs?:ninja:
    i know your gunna say 'well yea bc you said it had one vol knob....' see the thing is the blender acted as a second vol (at least i could fade or 'turn off' the other if i wanted)

thanks for any/all replys:bassist:

2. Pup?? They are absolutely FREE if your qualify with a local rescue organization. I plan on doing this myself eventually.. A Border Collie for me.. so what's your favorite?

3. Corgi!!

4. I can hear you talking when I read this post and you're talking really fast and I can't understand you

5. kb9wyz

kb9wyz

Sep 8, 2008
    Bloomingdale,IL
    I have EMG soapbars in my bass and I love them to death. They are not active pups, though. I don't actually think I've seen active pups for bass. I have seen a butt load of active preamps. Here is my 2 cents:

Go to www.seymourduncan.com or www.stewmac.com and check out wiring diagrams. One of them probably has what you're looking for there.

If you want to go with passive pups and an active pre, but want a very specific setup for the knobs, go to http://audereaudio.com/3ZB.htm
    This preamp is extemely customizable, and about the same size as a 9 volt, so it should fit inside your bass. I have been looking at it for a bass project I'm going to do next year.