1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help me find the...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by kuys, Oct 20, 2010.

1. kuys

kuys

Jun 29, 2010
    I need some recommendations on the the lowest voiced cabs you guys are aware of. Something small preferably, a 15' or 2-10' cab is preferable.

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Biamping requires more than just a pair of "differently voiced" full range cabs I'm afraid. If you're really serious about biamping, you'll need a cross-over, and a sub-woofer/mid driver set up with horn. No full range bass cabs are of any use.

3. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    That's not going to work. Something that goes just one octave lower than your 4x10 will have to be eight times its internal volume, all else being equal. If it's the same size it will have to handle four times the power.

4. kuys

kuys

Jun 29, 2010
    Maybe I'm not explaining this properly.

I'm going to be running two stacks (each amp running it's own cab) independently with an ABY pedal.

I want two independent channels, I like running dirt in my line but I can't stand what it does to the low end response.

So I want to have a separate stack running clean to restore some of that low end to my overall sound.

I might add the AMPEG will soon be sold and I will be replacing it with a more modular setup. If it matters I will probably go with one 15' cab for each stack.

Mainly looking for some recommendations in that area.

5. kuys

kuys

Jun 29, 2010
    Amps will be Peavey Tour VB-2s. So all things identical is a plus, basically just list me some recommendations on the 2 10's, 12s, or 15s. You think would be good for this type of setup.

6. OtterOnBass

OtterOnBass

Oct 5, 2007
    Michigan
    Maybe you should run two preamps into a stereo power amp and run one stack. If there's no bass because of the distortion, it's got that frequency range open.

On the other hand, guitar amps are great for distortion, since that's in their vital range (bass cabs have big holes in upper mid frequencies). I'd keep your current bass stack for bass and add a guitar cab.