1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help me find these songs

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Depth_Charge, Jan 2, 2007.

1. Hey guys,

Does anyone know the name of that hip-hop song the "Rapping Granny" sings at the end of movie The Wedding Singer with Adam Sandler??

I'm going through a weird phase in my bassplaying where I wanna learn cool basslines regardless of genre...

Anyway, if anyone knows of that song I asked about, or of the original version where some lyrics go something like "To the hip to the hop to the hip hip hop you don't stop..." ...I'd appreciate the help so I can get my hands on it and start learning :)

Sorry about the vague info on the song, it's being played in an ad campain locally here, which is what reminded me about the song and I can only make that part out to give you hints. . .

Thanks,

2. orlfl

orlfl

Jul 22, 2005
    Orlando
    Rapper's Delight

Sugar Hill Gang or something like that.

3. Yep.
    Although I believe that line was sampled from Chic's Good Times.

4. did you ask this question before?

5. It was an ID Ten Tee error on my part. I posted it at like 12:30AM and must have double posted...

So, thanks to everyone who replied on BOTH threads...I can get those songs now and learn that bassline :D

6. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    You'd be better off getting the Good Times by Chic.

7. Thanks. The plan is to get copies of both. Listening to the Sugar Hill sample this morning made me happy I spent some time messing with Another One Bites The Dust by Queen though :)