Help me finding my cabinet(s)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Obelix, Mar 9, 2006.

1. Obelix

Feb 23, 2006

I'm a new TB member from Tromso in Norway.
    My problem is to find a "good" cabinet to go with my Aguilar DB750. I have a GS 212, but I'm not satisfied.
    I've tested a GS 410 and Eden 410 XST, but none of them were my cup of tea. I've noticed everyone praise the 750/NV Bergantino, bu there's no dealer for those cabs in Norway..
    I could order one from the states, but it would be very dificult if I would send it back!
    I could get a Bag End Q10BX-D and also Demeter BSC-212 in Norway. Anyone here who have tested the Aggie with these cabs?
    BTW I'm pretty cold up here living close to the North Pole :meh:

2. Matt Call

Matt Call Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    Well. What kind of a sound are you looking for?
  3. Obelix

Feb 23, 2006
    I would like my sound to be tight with lots of definition. I like good low end but it have to be tight. I play only fingerstyle and for the most fretless - just 4 string. I need some high end to make the fretless sing like I want to.
  4. Obelix

Feb 23, 2006
    I also want it to be pretty flat in the mids. I'm not able to tweak the mids a lot with the Aggie, just + - 12db at 400hz. Actually a want it to be pretty flat overall.
  5. Schroeder cabinets?

I never tried one. These are hard to find here in Europe. But according to some thread here on Talkbass they seem to be pretty tasty.
  6. We demo'd a DB750 through my 410UL, and it wasn't so good... those two wonderful pieces of gear are voiced so differently, that they don't seem to go together very well IMO (and others that were there also).

However.... Jorg's personal rig is a Schroeder 1212 and the DB750. I would think that a 410 or 21012 and that head would really sound great together... punchy, warm and loud!
  7. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    The Bag End cab has very detailed mod's. That one would be worth an audition. I run their 2x10 cab's with a Gk head. (Not quite rich enough for an Aggie...)
  8. Matt Call

Matt Call Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
  9. MacGroove

MacGroove Brother of the Groove with a 'Pocket Full of Funk'

Oct 5, 2005
    If you're interested in the Epifani, Nick has dealers in Germany and Italy. Go to his web site under European dealers.
  10. Obelix

Feb 23, 2006
    Anyone tested the DB 750 with Bag End 410 or Demeter 212. Thanks for all the other inputs.
  11. m2o03

Feb 27, 2006
    I've got a Schroeder 310212L on the way...people have been buying Jorg's cabinets without seeing or hearing them beforehand. I've not heard a single complaint...and then there's the! I think you ought to research Schroeder cabinets... sounds like they're what you're after.