1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help me get my $%#¥ together, please!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by flyingfinbar, Sep 24, 2017.

1. flyingfinbar

flyingfinbar Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Long Island, New York
    So I'm interested in playing around with order a bit...

What I'm running, in the current order it sits:

OC-2
    Mad Professor BBOD
    Wooly mammoth Clone
    Xerograph Deluxe
    TC Flashback Delay
    Eqd Afterneath reverb
    Tuner

I'm going to be adding a Fuzzrocious Rat/cat king (love it!).
    It is my understanding that dirt pedals function nicely in escalating levels of intensity. I love the way my BBOD sounds driving into my Mammoth clone. With this in mind, would the best place for my Cat King be after the BBOD and before the Mammoth clone?
    I also worry that the buffered input of the OC2 will mess with the glitchiness of the feedback mod on the Cat king.

Any thoughts? Opinions? fU's? Thanks!

2. adamaarts

adamaarts

Apr 19, 2001
    Corona, CA
    Beta tester Source Audio, demos/reviews of many others
    It's all subjective.

I like to put my dirt intensity in reverse. Since an OD into a Fuzz won't make the Fuzz sound much different, but the OD after will make the Fuzz have a different flavor.

Just try it in different spots and find what works.

flyingfinbar and Stumbo like this.
  3. flyingfinbar

Oct 3, 2010
    Long Island, New York
    Thanks!

I don't know if it's the inherently sputtered, crazy nature of the Mammoth, but I've found that a light gain overdrive before it does some crazy stuff. It opens it up into a roar, instead of the buzzing, gated character it has all alone. It sounds gnarly with a guitar that way, too.

I'm definitely gonna play around with it in the upcoming days, just looking for tips from the experts...I've never had three dirt pedals on one board...it's kinda hot.

It's also been fun/ocassionally frustrating getting the XeroDlx to play nicely with all of the different variables in front of it. What works with one pedal engaged makes it self oscillate into sub-aural oblivion with a different pedal engaged.

4. vivaknoxvegas

vivaknoxvegas El Duderino Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2002
    Knoxville, TN
    I'd do an initial setup of tuner > OC2 > BBOD > CatKing > Wooly > Xerograph > delay > reverb. But try other orders of dirt to see how they react with each other.

5. warrplayer

warrplayer

Apr 16, 2008
    Charlotte, NC
    Wait....your tuner is last in your chain?

6. flyingfinbar

Oct 3, 2010
    Long Island, New York
    Yep!

I like the absolute silence when I hit the tuner pedal. Seems a little quieter this way.