1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help me get my sound right..

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by WarThumb, Mar 5, 2008.

1. WarThumb

WarThumb

Dec 13, 2005
    Norway
    I have a Kustom Groove Bass amp and a Carvin 4x10 to use with my Warwick thumb. Thing is, I never seem to get a decent sound. It's either sharp, farty and clanky (not in a good way and mostly farty) or undefined mumbling.. I want a dry(er) defined sound with growl, like I the Warwick sounds when recorded or with headphones plugged in my coumputer. I have used the EQ on mye amp a lot and it helps a bit if I boost both lows and a tad highs and use mostly bridge pup (neck at 50%). Flat or midrange boost is just farty, no growl at all..
    I suspect that the cab is the weak part, but wont rush out and by a new one until I've heard from you guys.

2. Cathead

Cathead

Dec 13, 2002
    Premier, WV
    Methinks you are in the wrong section of this forum. Over in the electric department is where you need to be I think.

3. WarThumb

WarThumb

Dec 13, 2005
    Norway
    Hmm.. How did it get here??