Help me get tunes in my ghetto car.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by McHaven, Oct 23, 2005.

1. McHaven

Mar 1, 2005
    So, my car's stereo system...well is non-existant basically. I've got the radio and that's it. I don't have the cash to buy a cd-player to put in the dash especially since if I was to put one in, I'd want the best available. So I'd like to hook my portable cd player to the car stereo somehow. I've seen things where you just plug the cd player into the cigarette lighter, and it'll transmit a frequency to the car stereo but here in Houston all the preset frequencies are in use.

I drive a '99 Civic (yeah it sucks but it was free). Anyone know if the radio has RCA inputs on the back or anything?

Anyways, post with your ideas so I don't have to listen to the garbage on the radio anymore.
  2. Basshole

Basshole Banned

Jan 28, 2005
    You used to be able to buy power booster amps at Radio shack (probably still can, but I cant confirm this). These could be used to boost the power of your existing radio, and they often had CD inputs, or aux ins that you could use to connect your portable CD player to. That's how I always did it.