Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Help me help a friend---2 year anniversary ideas??

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Ty McNeely, Jan 12, 2005.

1. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    A buddy of mine has his 2 year anniversary with his girlfriend on Friday. He has no ideas.

Obviously you don't know him or his girlfriend, but what are some things you guys (and gals!) would recommend?

EDIT: Needs to be kinda cheap. After Christmas and before Valentines is never a good thing.......

2. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    You could chauffer them around in the back of your SUV at high speed :D

3. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    LOL Mark. Very nice. My buddy found that one quite hilarious as well.

4. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Anniversary says to me expensive retaurant ie $100+ per head. But if you cant do something like that, how about a picnic by the lake / ocean with nice wine and cheese and champange.

Basically do something that you wouldn't ordinarily do in your relationship - what about buying a voucher for a day spa for his GF or something?

5. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX

He already had the idea of the picnic by the lake, but he wanted something different in case the weather didn't cooperate or maybe just a better idea.

My PERSONAL feelings on the subject are that anniversaries are sometimes a time to reflect back on your relationship, and creative things always go over well with the ladies, not to mention being fairly cheap most of the time. I simply don't have any ideas for something that he could do, or even something that *I* would do.

I also agree that anniversaries are a time for doing things you don't ordinarily do or can't ordinarily do for one reason or another. It's just finding that certain "thing" that's the catch.

I'll run these by him and see what he thinks. He already went to sleep for the night, so hopefully there'll be more to give him tomorrow.

6. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    Bump?

Any ideas from anybody?

7. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I can't think of anything real cheap around here aside from going to the park or the lake. Sorry... I can tell you some good date restaurants though...again not cheap.

brad cook

8. Mobay45

Mobay45 The artist formerly known as "Big Daddy"

Apr 28, 2004
    Irving, TX
    Take her to Crickets and try every kind of beer they have while shooting some pool on those fine Olhausen tables they have in there. :D

9. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Their anniversary is on my birthday, january 14th. :hyper:

10. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

An Evening cruise or a engagment ring.

11. ApeIsHigh81

ApeIsHigh81

Aug 24, 2004
    CA
    Thanks for the first hearty laugh of the day :D

12. I took Meghan to a really nice resteraunt, bought her a nice necklace, told her I had signed us up for some pictures, and basically told her how much I loved her, how much she meant to me, and tried to have as pleasant an evening as possible.

Trust me, it worked, big time.;)

Rock on
    Eric

13. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    Call the international star registry and have a star named after her.

14. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX

Thankfully, he's not cursed with having to find entertainment around here. He's a friend from back home, in Oklahoma.

You CAN, however, go ahead and tell ME those good date restaurants:)

15. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    Eh? Can you do that?

16. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    1424 Bistro Cafe, located at 1424 Washington

Elite Circle Grill, I'm sure you know where that is.. Good food and good atmosphere. My wife and I love that place.

La Fiesta is good tex-mex if you're not necessarily looking for a quiet place. It's over on Franklin at Valley Mills. I recommend the raspberry margaritas and the queso.

I've heard Diamond Back's is good over by Cricket's and Ninfa's.

There's another place over on the other side of town by MCC that is really supposed to be great called Northwood Inn. I think that one is supposed to be really expensive

A good lunch place is "Mirth" over on Richland. It's right off of Valley Mills almost all the way to Bosque. Take a left before you get to Chilis. Only open for lunch and the menu is limited but it changes seasonally and the food is unique but good. The chef/owner used to work for the Food Network or something.

A lot of people really seem to like that Thai restaurant right over by campus in that shopping center but I wasn't impressed. I've had a lot of good Thai food and that didn't measure up. I haven't heard anyone else say anything negative about it though so maybe I'm just a curmudgeon.

That's all I can think of at the moment. We've gone out to eat a lot because we've been taking residency interviewees out the night before their interviews. Hope that gives you some ideas.

brad cook

17. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I always hear it advertised on AM radio.

brad cook

18. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Yeah, its kinda like a donation - you get nothing in return. :D

19. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Wait a minute...are you telling me that you don't actually OWN the star?! Crap!! I thought I'd been stockpiling all this time!

brad cook

20. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    Never been to Elite Circle, but I definitely want to try it out.

As far as the Thai food goes, you're probably talking about the Clay Pot. I've never been there, but I hear that it's one of those places you go for the atmosphere and not necessarily the food. Everybody says the atmosphere is cool, but the food is mediocre, at best.

Never even heard of some of those other places, but will definitely give some of them a try. What's your favorite?