1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help me I. D. these strings....GHS???

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by 59jazz, May 23, 2020.

1. 59jazz

59jazz Infinite Rider on the Big Dogma Supporting Member

Cleaning out and reorganizing my string drawer. Anyone recognize these? .105-.045 and very stiff. GHS Ground Wounds? Brute Flats? Am I even close? Tia! E5C3E560-DC40-406B-9132-8C14C6B35CEA.jpeg 5EDEE22A-0C40-4726-9FF3-6578BA65AA35.jpeg

2. Is the silk black? They look like La Bella 760FS (45-65-85-105).

GHS Brite Flats have dark blue silk and they don't come in those specific gauges.

3. Can you do something?

Measure the length of the E string from ball end to where the silk starts, then measure the other three the same way. Are all four the same length, or is the E shorter than the other three?

4. 59jazz

3 strings are the same length, the E string is shorter. Silk is black.

5. They're definitely La Bella flats. 760FS. The E should be around 36.75" from ball end to silk, and the other three around 38".

6. 59jazz

BINGO! Michael thanks so much. I must have pulled these off a trade in....been wanting to try a set against my GHS Precision flats.

michael_t likes this.