Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Help me ID this bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jetwrench, Oct 9, 2003.

1. jetwrench

jetwrench

Sep 16, 2003
    Hey guys... I know this is a long shot, but a couple of months ago while I was just cruising around the net looking at basses, I came across a manufacturer that caught my eye. It was a bass that had constellations either painted or inlayed in the headstock. I was trying to find this again the other night to show a buddy that is really into star gazing. The actual one I remember had the constellation of Orion on it, but if I remember he would put anyone you wanted on it. Anyone know what I am talking about? Maybe a website for the company? Thanks

2. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Hmmm. Martin did a guitar with a constellation inlay of some type, and I think Takamine did, too. Basses, I don't know.

On a related note (not really ;) ), if I ever win the lottery I'm going to have Jackson build me a Roswell Rhoads bass with the crop circle inlays. Too wierd.

3. jetwrench

jetwrench

Sep 16, 2003
    I saw those takamine's as I was searching for it again. Very cool. But this was definitely a bass, I am thinking it was a small time custom builder somewhere in the States. Damn, I knew I should have bookmarked it.

4. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
  5. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    Owner: The Dude Pit Forum (closed) Producer: School of Bass