1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Help me ID this bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jetwrench, Oct 9, 2003.

1. jetwrench

jetwrench

Sep 16, 2003
    Hey guys... I know this is a long shot, but a couple of months ago while I was just cruising around the net looking at basses, I came across a manufacturer that caught my eye. It was a bass that had constellations either painted or inlayed in the headstock. I was trying to find this again the other night to show a buddy that is really into star gazing. The actual one I remember had the constellation of Orion on it, but if I remember he would put anyone you wanted on it. Anyone know what I am talking about? Maybe a website for the company? Thanks

2. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Hmmm. Martin did a guitar with a constellation inlay of some type, and I think Takamine did, too. Basses, I don't know.

On a related note (not really ;) ), if I ever win the lottery I'm going to have Jackson build me a Roswell Rhoads bass with the crop circle inlays. Too wierd.

3. jetwrench

jetwrench

Sep 16, 2003
    I saw those takamine's as I was searching for it again. Very cool. But this was definitely a bass, I am thinking it was a small time custom builder somewhere in the States. Damn, I knew I should have bookmarked it.

4. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
  5. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    Owner: The Dude Pit Forum (closed) Producer: School of Bass