Help me ID this Fender case?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Rod Harder, Aug 2, 2019.

1. Rod Harder

Rod Harder Forte Collector - not done yet Supporting Member

Hi everyone,
    I'm hoping that someone here can help me ID this Fender case. I recently picked it up with a used (non Fender) bass and I'm unsure of how old it is and what type of case it might be.
    I've attached several pics as well, hopefully someone here can help. I've looked online and can't find much about the case with this logo and the black plush interior.
    Thanks in advance for any input or guidance anyone here can provide.
    - Rod

Attached Files:

2. creaturegods

creaturegods

Sep 23, 2017
    Hard to believe there's no TalkCase.com forum...

That appears to be a hardshell case with a Fender logo on it. There was probably a Fender Jazz Bass in it at some point. Maybe a Precision bass. If all the latches work, you got a good one! Hope this helps! :thumbsup:

3. mikeswals

mikeswals Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    Its not a vintage case. Its a newer G&G case as what come with a reissue. But, it almost looks like the logo badge was added, it seems placed really low position from usual.

bassdude51 likes this.
  4. Rod Harder

Rod Harder Forte Collector - not done yet Supporting Member

I'm 100% sure that the badge wasn't added after the fact, the seller told me she bought a Fender bass many years ago and that was the case it came in but she prefers a gig bag, however I didn't get the chance to ask her what bass it came from. She's an older country / bluegrass player and I'm sure she isn't the type to mod anything.
    It may have been an older US reissue she bought - the bass itself was a mid 80s Godin Zeta ZR1 Piezo and the stuff in the case dated back to the mid 80s as well.

5. bassdude51

bassdude51 "You never even called me by my name." Supporting Member

Nov 1, 2008
    Central Ohio
    Rod Harder likes this.
  6. hypercarrots

hypercarrots

Jan 28, 2009
    california
    the hard plastic handle can help you to date the case as well. the more expensive or older ones have leather handles.
    [​IMG]

mikeswals likes this.
  7. mikeswals

mikeswals Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    When I mean "newer" I meant not 60s/70s. Yeah since the late 80's theyve been using these type of cases with the hard plastic handle, also the reissues had orange interiors....so a black interior case would have come with probably a limited or short lived model IF it really was sold as a Fender.
    The Musicmans and Rickenbackers also used this model case too. Since this also doesnt have the litle gold Fender badge by the handle, it really looks like it was a Musicman market case with a Fender 'amp' badge added by someone....probably not by the first owner, but could have been by the retail shop.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 13, 2021