Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

help me identify a guitar!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by superbassman2000, Sep 12, 2004.

1. hello, i have been looking for the name of this certain guitar, but i can't find anything on it...i figure i would find a picture and hand it over to people of higher intelligence at talkbass!

so here is the picture
    [​IMG]

front row, second from right, laying down. it looks like a jag/bass VI shape, but too angular for a fender...i am thinking hagstrom, but i am not sure...

please help!

Thanks,
    Charlie

2. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Looks like an Angelfire to me.

3. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Well to start out they usually have 6 strings that are much thinner than bass strings and they are typically shorter than a bass but around the same shape.

:bag:

brad cook

4. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    Well you could always post that on the "Show us Your Blue Basses" Thread. It's a little too radical of a design IMO. I thend to like my instruments with strings, pickups, necks and bodys, but I wouldn't want to be taken as one of those "Jaco only needed 4 strings" narrow minded people. I say if that works for you, all the better. Post some sound clips so we can here how the tone is. :p

Anyway, as you can guess your photo didn't link right. Do you have the web site we can go to to check it out?

5. ok, i have the pic up now...sorry, anyways, this is a picture of eric from Hole, i am not a fan of hole, but that guitar is really cool looking (sorry for being superficial!)

6. Lyle Caldwell

Lyle Caldwell

Sep 7, 2004
    Memphis
    I think it's a Teisco. But it might be a Hagstrom or some Italian job.

7. Paul A

Paul A

Dec 13, 1999
    Hertfordshire U.K!
    It looks very much like a "Futurama III" .
    Sold and imported into the U.K. by Selmer, manufactured (I think) by Hagstrom.