1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Help me identify my string brand

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by bassboi, Mar 29, 2013.

1. bassboi

bassboi Supporting Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Michigan
    I purchased a new A. Copollo and the strings that came on it has brown thread wrap at the top. I asked Jimmy and he said he didn't know. Is there anyone familiar with which string brands use brown wrap? These are steel if that helps.

2. hotbass57

hotbass57

Nov 27, 2011
    Fairfield,Ohio
    I have Dean Markley Super Rounds that have a light brown silk on the top not bottom. They are round core like DR's. Great strings. Hope that helps.

3. bassboi

bassboi Supporting Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Michigan
    Thanks but its dark brown wrap with none on the ball end

4. SLaPiNFuNK

SLaPiNFuNK Commercial User

Jul 28, 2006
    LA California
    Owner: BassStringsOnline.com
    (Dean Markley Super Rounds stopped having silk for a while (infact a lot of their strings are stopping silk), and they are now discontinued).

5. Ian_Flash

Ian_Flash

Jan 17, 2013
    Dark brown wrap on the wind end only could be GHS. If I remember correctly the B52 Nickel-Iron alloy ones.

6. mmbongo

mmbongo Dilly Dilly! Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    Those actually have purple wraps, same as Progressives. In fact I think those strings were just progressives without the saddle hugger design.

7. .
    I stumbled across a thread here in TB recently that was dedicated to identifying different strings.

Now I wish I'd saved it as a favourite. :meh: