Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

help Me Identify please!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by XPshychoticXPyr, Mar 28, 2004.

1. Ok so me and a friend of mine went pawn-shop hunting today and i expected t osee many quires (which i did) and other cheap basses marked at redicliously high price. Well we go into one shop on the strip and i see a 5 string carvin hanging on the wall. So i inspect it its got some nicks/dents,and other small notches in the wood. This is a neck through 5 string bass with a hip-ship D/B drop tuner thing. It has active electronics it looked like one 9v battery and carvin J pickups. I dont know anything about this bass or wether i should persue it more. Its tag price was $645 with a gigbag but he said hed lower it to 550 when i asked. What should i try to haggel em down to???That or just trade in some stupid crap that i dont use anymore. here are some pics any help would be fantastic.

-Vince

P.S. the only type of serial # i found was the botto mpics those #'s are 63701

2. More...

4. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    LB75 w/ 'old style' headstock. If you can check the p'ups closer, we can figure out if they're the single-coil, or older stacked Humbuckers.

I'd offer lower than that though. Ebay is a pretty good source for these at decent prices.

Stand by for a few links...

5. The Pick ups just simply say carvin on them thats all.

-Vince

6. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    [​IMG]
    dot(single) or no dot(HB)?

7. you know what i dont remember if i saw one or not what would be the price difference and what not with or without?

-Vince

8. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    no price difference really, just a question of what you'd be getting.
    If it sounds good to you, guess it doesn't really matter.
    have you posted on the carvin bulletin board yet?
    They might be able to give an in-depth price evaluation.

9. No i havent ill go do that now thanks man.

-Vince

10. Bump