1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help me identify these strings!!!

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by BrandonBass, Nov 5, 2010.

1. BrandonBass

BrandonBass

May 29, 2006
    Afew years back I played my frens thunderbird bass strung w strings with red bindings near the headstock....and that thing sounded awesome. I asked him what string it was, he said its jus the strings the bass came with.....and he was about to change strings I asked if he mind giving them to me.

He agreed, so I quickly strung those strings onto my passive jazz previously strung with 6months old hi beams and wow....my bass came to live!!!

Its been awhile and I still haven been able to figure what brand it was....Im pretty sure it was steelrounds. Steelrounds w red bindings near the headstock anyone???

2. blr2

blr2

Apr 21, 2010
    Sofia, EU
    Rotosound Swingbass ?

3. BrandonBass

BrandonBass

May 29, 2006
    ^^^

i think that might be it! It had really strong mids and a tight btm. sounds like how the rotos hav been described as