Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Help me identify this cabinet

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jmkross77, May 6, 2004.

1. jmkross77

jmkross77

May 6, 2004
    New York City
    Here's the deal. The speaker is an Electro-voice LS215 Low frequency cabinet. It has 2 15" speakers in it. I've been using it with my Bass rig. I upgraded to a new cabinet, and I've had no luck finding any information online, whatsover. I'm going to sell it, and I'd like to know what year its from, and any other useful information. I have the feeling it is from the 70's or early 80's. I bought it very used about 7 years ago. It has a 70s look. Anyway, thats it. I hope someone can help

I have never replaced anything, but it still sounds damn good. It is just waaay too big. (The new one is 2/3 the size and is matched perfectly to my bass head). I did email their customer support, twice. no response in the last few weeks.

As for age/look, I live in new york city, and with all the strokes wannabes here, It will help me sell it for more.

2. jmkross77

jmkross77

May 6, 2004
    New York City
    Oh yeah, if it helps, it handles 400w at 4 ohms, if that helps.

As an aside, I haven't finalized the purchase of my new cab, a Hartke 410TP to match my hartke 3500 head. If anyone can talk me out of it, and into something else, around the same price (I'm paying $300 new for it) I'd love to hear ideas

3. Hurley

Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
    I'm sorry I can't help you about the cab. :meh:

But since you asked for advice about Hartke, maybe I can help. I was never really impressed with the Transporter series. Some people thought they were OK (search for reviews), but there really is a difference between those and the XL series. I don't know if you've A/B'd both cabs, but you should. You could get a used XL for much less than $300 fairly easily. I don't know how common they would be in your area (since it's expensive to ship), but I'd look around before committing to the Transporter. I hope this helps. :)

I've answered quite a few questions about this cab, which is funny because I'm selling mine. ;)

Also, if you could post a pic of that 2x15, I'm sure you could get some more help identifying it.

:bassist:

4. jmkross77

jmkross77

May 6, 2004
    New York City
    The XL is tempting, and I think its not much more. What will be the sound performance difference?

5. jmkross77

jmkross77

May 6, 2004
    New York City