Help me identify this Japanese fender Jazz Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DarrrenRod, May 18, 2018.

1. DarrrenRod

DarrrenRod

May 18, 2018
    im a guitar player, so have no real knowledge of basses. My friend gave me this bass that was lying around in a case untouched since 1991. It's a Japanese Fender Jazz bass, but I have no idea beyond that. Based on the serial number and some research, I believe it was built around 1989.

Pictures attached. If someone could give me the exact model, maybe a link to the same guitar somewhere on the web. Also what a fair price is if I look to sell it

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Snakeman1066

Snakeman1066 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Central Valley
    "Made in Japan" = FujiGen Gakki

beyond that I got nothing concerning the "exact" model... though Japanese Fenders are highly prized in quality being second only to the American made instruments...

technically you are supposed to be at minimum a supporting member to ask value questions via the rules but re-sale your looking at about $650.00 to $800.00 if it's in really great shape

3. DarrrenRod

DarrrenRod

May 18, 2018
    Thanks! Really appreciate it. Sorry, was unaware of that rule

4. FranF

FranF Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2004
    Northeastern PA
    Oh well...

5. scuzzy

scuzzy

Feb 15, 2006
    Troy, MO
    Lagavulin 16 year.

Just helping you identify the drink you should buy for the friend who gave you the bass if you determine to sell it.

6. tato62

tato62

Mar 3, 2014
    Montreal Can.
    Looks like a jb62... Great basses... I know i have one:bassist:

7. flatwound62p

flatwound62p

Apr 24, 2017
    Australia
  8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 17, 2021