Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Help me identify...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RedV, May 4, 2002.

1. RedV

RedV

Mar 19, 2002
    Eustis, FL
    Well, not really:)

I'm having a hard time finding info on a bass of mine.

It's an Electra Jazz, but I can't find a serial number or model number and the info on the web is very much lacking.

Anyway, from what I can SEE, it's an ash body with a gorgeous 3 tone sun burst finish, maple neck, rosewood fretboard with mother of pearl or abalone inlays, not sure, has 2 'guitar sized' humbuckers, and a passive eq.

The thing plays wonderfully and I've had since high school, but can't find any info on it. Any help would be appreciated.

Alex

2. RedV

RedV

Mar 19, 2002
    Eustis, FL
    ...bibblity-bump:)

3. RedV

RedV

Mar 19, 2002
    Eustis, FL
    embellisher,
    HOLY CRAP, that's my bass!! I checked on google too, but only found info on electra guitars. Thank you so much. Guess I got some reading to do:)

Alex

4. RedV

RedV

Mar 19, 2002
    Eustis, FL
    ehh...
    Those are the sites I saw earlier today, almost entrirely devoted to guitar:(

Where did you find that picture at if you don't mind?

Thanks.

Alex

5. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

On the Herons.ca Electra website. You have to dig around. http://www.herons.ca/

One of the links I posted has an explanation of how to date your Electra usong the serial number.

6. RedV

RedV

Mar 19, 2002
    Eustis, FL
    Thanks. I guess I'll go read some more!:)

Alex