1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Help Me Learn a Few "Easy" Songs!

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by Baird6869, Aug 24, 2007.

1. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

Hey fellow TBers,

I have a gig coming up that will have a large crowd that is older than normal for a gig my band plays. It is a Legion gig (favour for my dad) and I have to learn some old school tunes.

My band plays lots of ZZ Top, Doobie Brothers, U2, Stones, etc, but we also play a few Green Day and RHCP tunes and the latter will have to be pulled out as they are too heavy.

Here is my question.......

What are a few REALLY EASY songs to learn that would cater to a 50+ year old crowd? I am talking Sweet Home Alabama, 3 chord easy as my gig is a couple of days after I get back from Mexico and I won't have much time to practice.

I am trying to avoid playing tunes like Mustang Sally, but I will play whatever is basically really easy to learn on bass.

I have had to learn 80+ for two bands in the last few months, so I am not interested in learning any more hard ones at this point.:bassist:

Thanks!

2. Busker

Busker

Jan 22, 2007
    Simple Man by Skynrd is nice.

Wonderful Tonight by Clapton.

A few 50's and 60's tunes would probably be good, too.

3. lpdeluxe

lpdeluxe Still rockin'

Nov 22, 2004
    Deep E Texas
    Helpless - Neil Young
    Can't You See - Marshall Tucker Band
    Green Onions - Booker T & The MGs
    Keep Your Hands to Yourself - Georgia Satellites
    Johnny B Goode - Chuck Berry
    Further on up the Road - Clapton
    Before You Accuse Me - Bo Diddley

4. Fortunate Son - CCR