Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Help me make my new semi-pro rig!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Pearl_jammin, Dec 8, 2004.

1. Hi everyone.
    Basically I'm looking to update my current rig.

I need...

An Overdrive (DOD 250?)
    A Bass Wah (Crybaby 105Q?)
    A Bass Chorus (The newer Boss model?)
    A Tuner (Korg DT-10)
    A Volume Pedal (Ernie Ball EB6180)

The effects in brackets are the pedals I'm looking at at the moment, if you have any experiance with any of these, or have anything better, please inform me :) :bassist:

Thanks, PJ

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I have a pretty similar setup, and I used:
    Overdrive: Electro Harmonix Big Muff (more of a fuzz, but gave me that gritty tone I wanted)
    Bass Wah: Morley Pro Series II Bass Wah (big blue one, discontinued, can find on eBay)
    Bass Chorus: Morley Crystal Chorus (discontinued, can find on eBay, rather warm sounding)
    Tuner: Korg DTR-2 (rackmount) or Boss TU-2 (pedal)
    Volume Pedal: I used a Morley Pro Series Volume so it would match my wah, but it really didn't matter to me

3. I looked at the Morley Pro Series II Bass Wah, what's it like as a pedal? I've never heard one in action, I was looking for just a simple clean wah, nothing to use with distortion too much.

4. Subculture13

Subculture13 Jamming Econo

Apr 9, 2003
    Toronto, Ont. Canada
    For my 2 cents the only thing there worth it, if making the investments is the Ernie ball, best VP ever made. If you can find one though, get a Morley Power Wah Boost. It solves the need for wah, volume and OD all in one, and its the best sounding in each of the 3 categories that it does.

5. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    do a search for each pedal, jot down the pedals that sound the most like what you want in your price range, and seek'em out at stores.

:bassist:

6. Samurai

Samurai

Sep 13, 2003
    California
    I say you check out the boss ME-50b. It has all that and more, sounds amazing, and will end up being cheaper than all that.

7. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    My favorite bass wah. Tried the new Morley Dual Bass Wah, both the black and white Dunlop, and the big blue one is by far my favorite. The Dunlop and Morley's are compeltely different monsters, but the Morley had the sweep and the feel for me!