help me! mic situation

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Thunderbird91, Jan 29, 2006.

1. Well i won't get into details but our second guitarist and us arn't.. getting along. The thing is we use his extra amp and mic for vocals. He is gone so my lone guitarist has an extra 30 watt marshal combo and says he can buy a mic. Would this...
    1) work
    2) sound good
    3) be loud enough?
  2. Theonestarchild

Theonestarchild Artfully lost

Aug 23, 2005
    North Carolina
    Three words. Buy. A. PA. You might need up to 60,000 watts. Then again, you could more than likely do with 100 watts.

No, seriously, try the marshall out. You'll need a mic anyways. So try it. It might work.
  3. My guitarist just said something like you need some sort of adapter or something... I thought he was insane or just making somthing up... does anyone know what he could be talking about?
  4. Answers to first post questions?

1) Yes
    2) Meh, probably not
    3) Very unlikely

Don't know what he means by an adapter - except if he's talking about the 3-pin din male plug that will most likely be on the end of the microphone, which will need to be adapted to a phono-jack.

A keyboard amp is probably a better bet than a guitar amp as it doesn't have the overdrive channel to worry about. Best bet is a PA obviously, but for practice, you might be able to make do.....

Good luck
  5. An old band I was in used a guitar amp for mic when the PA was FUBAR (all the time). It was a decent amp, and worked fine. Some amps also have a place in the back for that 3 pin mic cord input.