1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help Me Mustang Owners

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Orpheus55, Apr 3, 2011.

1. I know this has been asked, but I've not seen a good answer. What gigbag works best for a Mustang? The case appears overpriced, and I'm wondering if a guitar bag might work. I do recall Gator bags to be a bit smaller. I'll be ordering the bass for my birthday and would like to get the bag at the same time. Any suggestions?

2. Mekana

Mekana Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2009
    I use the $50 Douglas short scale hard case from Rondo.

http://www.rondomusic.com/bgc200shortcase.html

Inexpensive and sturdy. (So far, anyway. I've had mine over a year, but I can't compare it to other cases over the long term.) My Mustang & Bronco fit perfectly in this case.

3. AntAir267

AntAir267

Mar 4, 2011
    +1

I am buying a Bronco and couldn't find a case for it anywhere, thanks for this find!

4. Looks perfect! Thanks.

5. +1 on the Douglas case.
    My '78 needs some protection and none of the cases in an entire music mall fit. Definite no on guitar cases - the headstock will rub at the tip.
    I would love to find a good gigbag but so far no luck on that either. It's a shame the original cases weren't sturdier, I would kill for a sturdy leather case for a short scale bass...

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 6, 2021