Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Help me name, date, and price my guitar amp.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by miccheck1516, Dec 8, 2003.

1. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Guest

Feb 15, 2003
    Ireland
    Im not 100% sure where to put this, i dont want to pollute Amps with guitar rubbish, but it is music related, anyway, if i get it wrong a mod will fix it.

So im just going to copy and paste the same thing i have put on another forum, hopefully someone can help me or point me in the right direction....

I will also add that the reverb is not digital, it is made by some other means, as if i knock against the amp i can hear a kind of 'spring' noise.

Thanks for any help, and sorry for polluting talkbass, its just generally you guys know what your talking about.

2. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

I have some of the old Vox brochures from the 60's.

There is a lot on the Web too, can you throw up a pic?

It ain't pollution wanting to know what you have.

The reverb units were all like that, a long box with 2 springs. 2 RCA inputs from and to the amp. It was fun to turn the amp up, whack it and hear the reverb max out.

I had a depraved childhood ...

3. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Guest

Feb 15, 2003
    Ireland
    haha i know exactley what you mean! I dont have a good quality camera at the minute, the best i would be able to get is a picture off a camera phone. And the earliest i could get it would be friday night.

I appreciate the help, keep it coming, thanks. :)

4. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Guest

Feb 15, 2003
    Ireland