Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Help me name the effects, woo ;P

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Albini_Fan, May 7, 2003.

1. Albini_Fan

Albini_Fan Banned

Jan 26, 2003
    Beneath Below
  2. NioeZero

NioeZero

Sep 2, 2001
    All of them appear to be Boss pedals. Looks like he's using 2 of them, unless one is one of the guitar versions... can't tell from the pics. The brown pedal looks like an Octave pedal. The white/cream one could be an Auto-Wah.

Are these guys homeless or something? Whats with the filthy rags of clothing? And the duct tape....

3. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

No you're not!!

:p

4. Malcom

Malcom

Oct 21, 2002
    The Midwest
    Dude, yeah, sometimes when I try 'shrooms and peyote I feel like that.:p

On the pedals: The yellow boxes are Boss overdrives. Look to me like the bass version. Then there's an A/B box that switches over to a standard boss Tuner. And the blue thing is something by Digitech. Isn't the modulation thingy blue?

The drummer "sings" with a microphone IN his mouth. the weird rags are to keep it there. And your clothing would be dirty as well if you slept in a van for months straight.

5. Albini_Fan

Albini_Fan Banned

Jan 26, 2003
    Beneath Below
    I guess I forgot the word "fan", but being a HUGE LIGHTNING BOLT wouldn't be too bad either..

6. stevekim

stevekim

Feb 11, 2000
    los angeles, ca
    haha. awesome, i've spent hours analyzing those photos myself. i can make out a digitech bass whammy, one boss bass overdrive, one regular boss overdrive and a boss oc-2.

keep in mind, though, that a lot of the crazy sounds they get are actually from the drummer's mike feeding back.

steve

7. Malcom

Malcom

Oct 21, 2002
    The Midwest
    UPDATE:

He's using a Line 6 Delay modeler now.

[​IMG]

8. Albini_Fan

Albini_Fan Banned

Jan 26, 2003
    Beneath Below
    what are all of those?

9. Malcom

Malcom

Oct 21, 2002
    The Midwest
    (R/L)Digitech Bass Whammy>old Boss Octaver> Boss Bass overdrive> Boss Super Overdrive> Line 6 Dl-4