Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

help me on a choosing a bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassist6464, Jun 13, 2004.

1. bassist6464

bassist6464

Jun 12, 2004
    i can either pick a rudy sarzo bass which is 10 years old now or i can get a fender/squire affinity p bass thats 120$ the sarzo has 2 humucker or hummbucking whatever pickups and the afffinty has 1 split coil pick up so what is better a brand new peice of **** of a used sarzo. :smug:

2. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Sarzo.

3. bassist6464

bassist6464

Jun 12, 2004
    well i know the sarzo is good since its active electronics and the cheap affininty is passive no electronics but is the affinty any good suposidly its the best selling bass casue of its price what is the sarzo anyway all i know is about the pickups its that all i need to know and that there both 4 strings

4. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Believe me, the Affinity is not the best selling bass. It does have electronics, just not active ones. The quality of Squier isn't too great. If you really want a cheapy, go to www.rondomusic.com and look around. They have high quality cheapies for everyone. But really, the sarzo is good. Just keep it.

5. bassist6464

bassist6464

Jun 12, 2004
    hey i looked at that www.rondomusic.com and they had slick looking basses for like 100-130 dollars they looked like fenders mondels but there like off-brand do they have as good of sound or do they sound like crap do they sound good at all why are they soooo cheap!??!?!?!????

6. runeight

runeight

Jun 6, 2004
    Greetings,

My Mother told me "you get what you pay for". It took me the better part of 50 years to learn that.

If you can wait..shop around. I bought and sold Bass guitars and Amplifiers for better than a year (losing money on both) before getting "what I wanted". My point is get what you want first. You will be much happier.

runeight