1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

HELP Me Order My Amp Chain

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by TeenZombie01, Dec 28, 2006.

1. TeenZombie01

TeenZombie01

May 14, 2006
    I currently have an Ampeg B2RE, Groove Tube Studio Series Tube Preamp For Bass, and a SansAmp BDDI. I also use a Crybaby Bass Wah. My bass is a 2006 Standard Fender Jazz Bass with Fender Custom Shop 60's Pickups and a Gotoh bridge.

How should I set up my signal chain with my B2RE, Groove Tube, and SansAmp? Knowing what I have can someone tell me what order I should put these pedals and amps in. I am just now wanting to incorporate the Groove Tube Preamp into my setup. I usually use my SansAmp in the effects loop of my B2RE because if I put it directly in between my bass and amp I start to get gain clipping at a lot lower volumes than when I put it in the effects loop. I am trying to sound as much as I can like an SVT-CL with the stuff I have until I can actually get an SVT-CL, I really like that vintage SVT tone. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

--Matt

2. TeenZombie01

TeenZombie01

May 14, 2006
    Bump.

I still don't know the proper order to put my B2RE, GT Preamp, and SansAmp.

3. Warr Tapper

Warr Tapper Banned

Sep 17, 2006
    Work
    Try them in all different orders, and use what you like best. No right or wrong way to do it.