Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

help me out here

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lesfleanut, Dec 9, 2001.

1. lesfleanut

lesfleanut Guest

Sep 25, 2001
    Syracuse N.Y.
    ok im going to be in the market for a new amp in the near future. i play alot o slap-n-pop and alot of reggae and rock finger style.i need something with a tweeter for the pops and upper range fingerstyle. i want a 410 and a 15 with at least 600 watts. i want a footswitchable eq too. i need some good lowend punch. i would like to spend between $1500 and $2000. that carvin package with the 1000 watt head looks nice anybody got one or played one please post your opinion of them. i play a 5 string spector NS2000-Q5 so it has to be able to reproduce the low b with punch and clarity. thanks in advance for helping me.:cool:

2. lesfleanut

lesfleanut Guest

Sep 25, 2001
    Syracuse N.Y.
    anybody home?

3. BigBohn

BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    Carvin speakers aren't that great of quality, and sure as hell they can't put out a low B.

I'll tell you to get an Eden, before somebody else recommends a Goliath or something.

4. lesfleanut

lesfleanut Guest

Sep 25, 2001
    Syracuse N.Y.
    i would like to but eden is a little out of my price range aren't they. about the carvin, what size were the speakers and what size was the amp. thanks.;)

5. BigBohn

BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    ?? Eden expensive? Just as much as SWR. I just ordered a D-410XLT for $780. Pretty good if you ask me. You just need 1 anyways, it handles the low end incredible. Don't believe all the hype about specs and frequency response and bullsh*t. The cab whoops ass, no wonder Bass Player Magazine uses it as their reference cab.

Oh yeah, I bought a Carvin DCM2000 poweramp as well. The Carvin speakers, I believe, are like in 4x10, 8x10, 1x15, and 1x18. Go to the site, check them out.

Are you looking to build a rack, or kind of have a head and a cab?

6. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    You'll get more "lowend punch" with one Eden 410 and an WT800 than you would with the whole Carvin stack.

Chas

7. MikeyD

MikeyD

Sep 9, 2000
    One of many possibilities: Get a Carvin R1000 and 4x10 for around $1100 and use the rest of it to get a serious low-end cabinet (like maybe an Eden 1x15, 2x15, or 1x18 or something other than Carvin).

Another idea: Get the RL1015 stack for $1300 (with shipping) and find a good low-end cabinet (see above) to substitute for the 1x15 when you play out and need more bottom.

The Eden 410XLT is nice, but won't leave you with a lot of spare change for a 15" or 18" supplement. Don't forget to check out used stuff, too.
    - Mike

8. lesfleanut

lesfleanut Guest

Sep 25, 2001
    Syracuse N.Y.
    looking for just a head a cab. i dont know much about eden how much would a eden 4x10 and a good eden head be? how many watts can an eden 4x10 handle? does the eden 4x10 have a tweeter?do they have a website and if so will someone please post a link.thanks alot guys.;)